By Susan Dart
An exam of configuration administration (CM) from a "business price" viewpoint. It discusses why a company's e-business and e-commerce - encompassing websites, net functions, back-office purposes, code and knowledge - easily won't continue to exist or thrive with out CM. The ebook presents an outline of CM know-how, unearths "best perform" concepts for choosing and deploying automatic CM ideas, explores 9 key demanding situations dealing with e-commerce, and offers instructions for keeping off pitfalls which can speedy derail an e-business.
Read or Download Configuration Management: The Missing link in Web Engineering (Computing Library) PDF
Best e-commerce books
The explosive growth of the web has resulted in dramatic shifts within the method of accomplishing enterprise, making an allowance for immediate communique and actions. Proliferation of the net economic system: E-Commerce for worldwide Adoption, Resistance, and Cultural Evolution presents deep perception into the globalization of e-commerce and the minimization of the electronic divide among constructed and constructing international locations.
A confirmed method of buying and selling luck in keeping with the simplest commodity buying and selling advisorsProfiting from long term traits is the most typical route to good fortune for investors. The problem is spotting the emergence of a pattern and deciding on the place to go into and go out the industry. the fashion Following Bible indicates person investors and traders tips to take advantage of this method by way of buying and selling like state-of-the-art most sensible commodity buying and selling advisors.
Harry Boxer's confirmed concepts for momentary tradersWritten in easy-to-understand language, ecocnomic Day and Swing buying and selling + site explains the buying and selling strategies that draw on cost, quantity, and development acceptance. extremely popular dealer Harry Boxer deals the data had to realize chart styles, determine trades, and execute entries and exits that would maximize gains and restrict losses.
- The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the Rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism (MIT Press)
- Doing Business Electronically: A Global Perspective of Electronic Commerce, 1st Edition
- IBM(R) Websphere(R) Application Server: The Complete Reference
- Electronic Commerce: Principles & Practice, Edition: 1st edition
Additional resources for Configuration Management: The Missing link in Web Engineering (Computing Library)
6. To stop companies from wasting time and making avoidable mistakes. 7. For those companies who already understand the need for a CM solution, to show them how they can optimally, and in a pain-free manner, pick a CM tool and deploy it. Or, if you have already picked a tool and it has become shelfware, to show you how to get back on track with it and deploy it. 8. To help companies avoid the common CM pitfalls. 9. To present techniques for making maximum use of CM tool vendors. I have worked with many of them and have gleaned many insights.
Merrills Battle, Business Week, Nov. 15, 1999. , Merrill Faces a Challenge With Web, The Wall Street Journal, Nov. 4, 1999, p. C1. , Someday, Lee, This May All Be Yours, Business Week, Nov. 15, 1999. , Bertlesmann Looks To Get Up to Internet Speed: AOL-Time Warner Deal Spurs the German Giant To Shed Conservatism, The Wall Street Journal, Feb. 3, 2000, p. A18. , Revenge of the Retail Giants, Boston Globe, Mar. 6, 2000, p. C1. , E-Retailers Need to Debug Shopping, USA Today, Mar. 8, 2000, p.
It is also designed to lay the groundwork as to the importance of e-commerce and e-business to the world and how it has changed the way we used to do business and, hence, why companies must be proactive with their CM solutions. The Internet is not going away. It is only going to get bigger, bolder, and faster. Without CM, companies will struggle. Chapter 2 focuses directly on the nature of the Web. It explains further why the Internet is no fad. I look at the four phases that companies go through in developing and maintaining their Web systems, along with a detailed description of the nine key challenges that companies face in addressing the Web crisis.