By Jim W. Burgess, Philip A. Sinclair, Christophe M. Chretien, Jonathon Boucher (auth.), Associate Professor Sukhinder Kaur Cheema (eds.)
About the Series:
Advances in Biochemistry in Heath and Disease offers cutting-edge discussions in state of the art biochemical study, supplying intriguing advancements that influence healthcare and sickness learn. Volumes within the sequence concentrate on cross-disciplinary biomedical learn and consider numerous themes in biochemistry, mobile biology, molecular biology, and biomedicine.
Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis
Sukhinder Kaur Cheema
Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis examines atherosclerosis in nice aspect, concentrating on the chance of atherosclerosis, and the biochemical pathways concerned. It presents a breadth of data in addition to new insights right into a number of themes in terms of atherosclerosis from top scientists around the globe who're on the vanguard of atherosclerosis study. Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis is vital analyzing for biomedical and medical researchers.
- Hyperlipidaemia and Atherosclerosis
- Diabetes brought about Atherosclerosis
- Hypertension caused Atherosclerosis
- Homocysteine Metabolism and Atherosclerosis
- Role of the Immune process in Atherosclerosis
- Role of Infectious brokers in Atherogenesis
- Dietary administration of Aherosclerosis
About the Editor:
Sukhinder Kaur Cheema is presently affiliate Professor of Biochemistry and a CIHR (Canadian Institutes of well-being study) New Investigator on the Memorial college of Newfoundland. a professional in dietary biochemistry, lipid metabolism and heart problems, she is go appointed in school of drugs on the Memorial college of Newfoundland.
Read Online or Download Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis PDF
Best biochemistry books
Entrance disguise; The Enzymes, quantity IV; Copyright web page; Contents; record of participants; Preface; Contents of alternative Volumes; bankruptcy 1. Ureases; I. creation; II. Isolation and Purification of Jack Bean Urease; III. Molecular houses; IV. Ureases from different assets; V. Catalytic homes; VI. precis; bankruptcy 2.
Pollen transmits the male genetic fabric in sexual replica of all larger crops. This related pollen is usually well matched as a examine device for learning many styles of plant and animal metabolism. additionally, an elevated wisdom of pollen might help plant breeders speed up efforts to enhance the world's nutrients and fiber provide.
Caspases, Paracaspases, and Metacaspacses: tools and Protocols is a set of laboratory protocols protecting present tools which are hired to degree and discover actions of those proteases in various organic structures, starting from unicellular organisms to mammals. damaged into elements, the 1st half specializes in ways to degree, observe, and inhibit activation and task of a subset of or particular caspases in vitro and in different version platforms and organisms, essentially within the context of programmed mobilephone loss of life.
- Statistical Analysis in Proteomics (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Clinical Biochemistry Made Ridiculously Simple (2nd Edition)
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry: Life at the Molecular Level 3rd Edition (Third Ed.) 3e By Donald Voet, Judith G. Voet and Charlotte W. Pratt 2008
- Biochemistry, Fifth Edition: International Version , Edition: Fifth Edition
- Unusual DNA Structures: Proceedings of the First Gulf Shores Symposium, held at Gulf Shores State Park Resort, April 6–8 1987, sponsored by the Department of Biochemistry, Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham,
Extra resources for Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis
Van Meer G: Caveolin, cholesterol, and lipid droplets? J Cell Biol 152: F29–F34, 2001. 76. Botham KM, Bravo E: The role of lipoprotein cholesterol in biliary steroid secretion. Studies with in vivo experimental models. Prog Lipid Res 34: 71–97, 1995. 77. Russell DW: The enzymes, regulation, and genetics of bile acid synthesis. Annu Rev Biochem 72: 137–174, 2003. 78. Gerloff T, Stieger B, Hagenbuch B, Madon J, Landmann L, Roth J, Hofmann AF, Meier PJ: The sister of P-glycoprotein represents the canalicular bile salt export pump of mammalian liver.
Masucci-Magoulas L, Moulin P, Jiang XC, Richardson H, Walsh A, Breslow JL, Tall A: Decreased cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) mRNA and protein and increased high density lipoprotein following lipopolysaccharide administration in human CETP transgenic mice. J Clin Invest 95: 1587–1594, 1995. 40. Marotti KR, Castle CK, Boyle TP, Lin AH, Murray RW, Melchior GW: Severe atherosclerosis in transgenic mice expressing simian cholesteryl ester transfer protein. Nature 364: 73–75, 1993. 18 Jim W.
33. Dominic S. NG identified defective alleles further contribute to the structural heterogeneity in this disease. J Clin Invest 91(2): 677–683, 1993. Borysiewicz LK, Soutar AK, Evans DJ, Thompson GR, Rees AJ: Renal failure in familial lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase deficiency. Q J Med 51: 411–426, 1982. Santamarina-Fojo S, Lambert G, Hoeg JM, Brewer HB Jr: Lecithin–cholesterol acyltransferase: role in lipoprotein metabolism, reverse cholesterol transport and atherosclerosis. Curr Opin Lipidol 11: 267–275, 2000.