By Ahcène Boumendjel, Jean Boutonnat, Jacques Robert
A complete evaluate of the most up-tp-date medical learn on ABC transporters and multidrug resistance
ATP-binding cassette transporter genes (ABC transporters) are recognized to play a vital position within the improvement of multidrug resistance (MDR). MDR is the power of pathologic cells, equivalent to tumors, to resist chemical substances designed to focus on and wreck such cells. In MDR, sufferers who're on drugs ultimately advance resistance not to in simple terms the drug they're taking, yet to a number of varieties of drugs.
ABC Transporters and Multidrug Resistance bargains an important source for pharmaceutical researchers who're operating to find medicines to counteract multidrug resistance in illnesses resembling melanoma. in a single finished quantity, this booklet incorporates a choice of the most up-tp-date wisdom at the involvement of ABC transporters in drug shipping and resistance.
This entire quantity presents an outline at the description of the constitution, the genome, common tissue expression, physiological point, and mechanism of motion of the ABC protein. The professional individuals discover the expression, detection, and implications of ABC proteins in hematological malignancies and stable tumors and ABC proteins and pathogenic microorganisms. This quantity additionally explains MDR modulation via inhibition of ABC transporters and the layout of inhibitors and mechanism of motion. moreover, the e-book deals crucial details at the organic and scientific point of multidrug resistance.
Read Online or Download ABC Transporters and Multidrug Resistance PDF
Similar biochemistry books
Entrance disguise; The Enzymes, quantity IV; Copyright web page; Contents; checklist of members; Preface; Contents of different Volumes; bankruptcy 1. Ureases; I. creation; II. Isolation and Purification of Jack Bean Urease; III. Molecular houses; IV. Ureases from different resources; V. Catalytic homes; VI. precis; bankruptcy 2.
Pollen transmits the male genetic fabric in sexual replica of all better crops. This related pollen is additionally well matched as a learn device for learning many styles of plant and animal metabolism. moreover, an elevated wisdom of pollen might help plant breeders speed up efforts to enhance the world's nutrition and fiber offer.
Caspases, Paracaspases, and Metacaspacses: equipment and Protocols is a set of laboratory protocols overlaying present equipment which are hired to degree and observe actions of those proteases in assorted organic platforms, starting from unicellular organisms to mammals. damaged into components, the 1st half makes a speciality of the way to degree, notice, and inhibit activation and task of a subset of or particular caspases in vitro and in different version structures and organisms, essentially within the context of programmed mobilephone loss of life.
- Protein Purification: Principles, High Resolution Methods, and Applications
- Phospho-Proteomics: Methods and Protocols
- Animal Models for Neurodegenerative Disease
- Carbohydrate Recognition: Biological Problems, Methods, and Applications
- Environmental Stress: Individual Human Adaptations
- Calcium Signaling Protocols
Additional resources for ABC Transporters and Multidrug Resistance
2005. Epigenetic changes to the MDR1 locus in response to chemotherapeutic drugs. Oncogene 24: 8061–8075. 43. Shilling RA, Venter H, Velamakanni S, Bapna A, Woebking B, Shahi S et al. 2006. New light on multidrug binding by an ATP-binding-cassette transporter. Trends Pharmacol Sci 27: 195–203. 44. Cascorbi I, Gerloff T, Johne A, Meisel C, Hoffmeyer S, Schwab M et al. 2001. Frequency of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the P-glycoprotein drug transporter MDR1 gene in white subjects. Clin Pharmacol Ther 69: 169–174.
32. Ogretmen B and Safa AR. 2000. Identiﬁcation and characterization of the MDR1 promoter-enhancing factor 1 (MEF1) in the multidrug resistant HL60/VCR human acute myeloid leukemia cell line. Biochemistry 39: 194–204. 33. Ohga T, Uchiumi T, Makino Y, Koike K, Wada M, Kuwano M et al. 1998. Direct involvement of the Y-box binding protein YB-1 in genotoxic stress-induced activation of the human multidrug resistance 1 gene. J Biol Chem 273: 5997–6000. 34. Johnson RA, Ince TA, and Scotto KW. 2001. Transcriptional repression by p53 through direct binding to a novel DNA element.
63. Rosenberg MF, Kamis AB, Callaghan R, Higgins CF, and Ford RC. 2003. Threedimensional structures of the mammalian multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein demonstrate major conformational changes in the transmembrane domains upon nucleotide binding. J Biol Chem 278: 8294–8299. 64. Rosenberg MF, Callaghan R, Modok S, Higgins CF, and Ford RC. 2005. Threedimensional structure of P-glycoprotein: The transmembrane regions adopt an 40 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. THE P-GLYCOPROTEIN 170 asymmetric conﬁguration in the nucleotide-bound state.